You have two accounts with the same email and different usernames for DNN Network and you are unable to activate a new license:
- One of the accounts returns a 'Login Failed' message when trying to activate the license
- The other does not have the necessary privileges to activate the license and returns the 'Access Denied' message
As a workaround to a password reset for the privileged account that has license activation rights, it is required to manually transfer the active licenses to the other account. Please open a support ticket informing:
- The email address used for logging in to DNN
- The two different DNN usernames, indicating which is the one that is active (able to log in)
- The new license or invoice number(s) you are trying to activate
Once the support agent confirms the transfer, you will be able to log in with the active account and activate the license automatically or manually.
In this case, you will need to transfer the licenses to the active account.
- 1. Access DNN License Management and find the user accounts by typing in the user email. In the dropdown, you should see the two entries with the same email but different usernames.
- Follow the steps in the Transferring a DNN License article to transfer the licenses from the inactive user to the active one.
- Once the transfer is complete, you should see the newly transferred roles in the alternative account in the DNN Licensing Portal.
Note: you might not be able to find the target account in the licensing portal because it has no roles or licenses, but you can still transfer the licenses if the customer confirms he can log in using that username.</supportagent>
Please sign in to leave a comment.