When editing a module, you notice that occasionally the 'Browse Server' button is missing for Content Editors and Content Managers when they try to add a link or upload a file in the Advanced Editor. The button is visible to the SuperUser.
This issue can happen either because CKEditor toolbars do not have the proper setting and/or because the file upload is not available for specific users' profiles. To resolve the issue:
- Log in to your DNN instance with your SuperUser/Host or Admin account
- Go to Settings > Site Settings > Site Behaviour > More > Open HTML Editor Manager
- Check if the CKEditor is configured for the HTML Editor manager by confirming if the provider is selected as DNNConnect.CKE
- Under the 'Main Settings', click on the 'Toolbars' arrow to expand the selection and adjust the settings to 'Full' for the required roles and click Save
- Navigate to the 'File Browser Settings' tab, enable the check the boxes to enable functionality for the required roles, and click Save
- Clear your cache and restart the application
Once the users log back into the application, ask them to try to add a link or upload a file to confirm the 'Browse Server' button is now visible.