Users may want to change the default template that is preselected when a user wants to create a new page. This article shows how to achieve this.
- Please make sure that database backup has been created and validated.
- Please access your SQL console from Persona Bar > Settings > SQL Console.
- Execute SQL query below to find the PortalId that you would like the default template to be modified. If you only have one portal, the PortalId should be 0.
SELECT * FROM Portals;
- Take note of the PortalId that you need.
- Execute SQL query below to get the whole templates available for the portal in question:
SELECT * FROM Tabs WHERE TabName = 'ContentPageTemplates' AND PortalID = <Enter PortalID>;
- The above query should list out the TabId that we could use as a reference to find all templates stored in the database. Take note of the TabId and SkinSrc of the template that you want to be the default template for the portal.
- Execute the SQL query below to change the configured SkinSrc value which determines the default template:
UPDATE PortalSettings SET SettingName = '<Enter the SknSrc of the template from the previous SQL query>' Where SettingName = 'DefaultAdminSkin' AND PortalID = <Enter PortalID>;
UPDATE PortalSettings SET SettingName = '<Enter the SknSrc of the template from the previous SQL query>' Where SettingName ='DefaultPortalSkin' AND PortalID = <Enter PortalID>;
- Refresh cache, restart application pool and restart the application