If you've entered an SMTP server into DNN and standard automatic email messages (like password reset notifications and the "Test SMTP Server" email) aren't being sent, that may be the result of incorrectly-cached settings information.
- All versions of DNN/Evoq (screenshots are taken from 9.6.4)
You will need:
- Access to a SuperUser account.
- Go to Persona Bar > Settings > Servers > Server Settings > SMTP Server
- Delete your current SMTP information and hit Save
- Re-enter your SMTP server information, following the instructions in Configuring the SMTP server
- Hit Save.
- At the top of this same screen, click Clear Cache and then Restart Application.
Use the Test SMTP Settings button on the same page to ensure a test message goes out. Be sure to check your spam and/or junk mail folders in the receiving account.