DNN Evoq can display search results from different sites. This feature must be set up specifically for each extra portal you wish to get results from. In some cases such as a site clone or migration, the search content may still point to an incorrect portal.
- DNN Platform or Evoq 7+
To fix this, you'll need:
- Access to a Superuser account.
- Access to the SQL server instance for your site for stages 3 and 4
Testing should be performed before moving between stages. Stages 3 and 4 will require manual editing of your database.
Stage 1: Ensure your Search Module site scope is correct
- Your search module should be set to only search the correct portals. You can change your portal search scope by following the directions in the article How to display search results from separate sites.
Stage 2: Recycle the application pool and perform a search reindex
- Recycle the application pool by going into IIS > Click on Application Pools > Right-click on the application pool for your website > Recycle.
- After recycling the application pool, run a reindex on your site.
Stage 3: Run a full search reindex
- If the above steps did not resolve your issue, run a full search reindex.
Stage 4: Clear and recreate Default Pages
- If the above steps do not work, there may be incorrect default page information stored in your site's database. Follow the directions in the article Default Pages section blank in Site Settings to reset these pages.
Clear your site cache, then restart the DNN application and perform a site search again. If the fix works, only information from the correct portal should be returned.
Please sign in to leave a comment.