A View Profile module pane can be added to any page. If that module is incorrectly modified or if components are removed, it can lead to errors when attempting to use the feature. These errors may include:
- A 404 error when viewing a client profile, even as the Super User
- A 404 error when attempting to view module settings for existing instances of the View Profile module on your pages
- The View Profile icon doesn't appear when adding a new module to a page
- DNN Evoq 9+
To fix this, you'll need:
- Access to a Superuser account
- Site root folder access for your DNN Evoq instance
As with other solutions that involve editing site source files, this fix should be tested in a staging environment before being performed in production.
To solve this problem, you will be overwriting your existing View Profile module files with those from a fresh install file.
- Find the Install file for your software and version:
- For DNN Platform, visit the Releases page on GitHub and download the correct version
- For DNN Evoq, visit the Success Center and find the correct version and product
- For a more detailed breakdown of this step, see our article Finding the latest versions of pre-installed DNN Evoq modules.
- Extract the file to a convenient location.
- Browse to the following folder:
<zip file root>\DesktopModules\Admin\ViewProfile
- Copy the contents over to:
<Evoq site root>\DesktopModules\Admin\ViewProfile
If prompted, overwrite the existing files with the new files
- Clear your cache and restart the application.
Log into the site as a Super User and attempt to interact with the View Profile module that previously was throwing an error.