There may be instances in which users are not aware of the way DNN and Google Analytics data interchange works. In this article you can find relevant information in regards to the way data is shared/captured between DNN and Google Analytics.
- DNN version 9 and above.
- DNN does not collect information from Google Analytics. This is the way DNN and Google Analytics work:
- An administrator configures Google Analytics in Evoq.
- DNN/Evoq is not involved in any part of this process, not even to proxy.
- An administrator goes in Persona Bar > Pages or Persona Bar > Site Analytics
- Evoq makes a call into dnnapi.com to get the information.
dnnapi.commakes a call to Google to get the information.
dnnapi.comreturns the data to the Evoq Persona Bar.
dnnapi.comcaches this information for a few hours in Rediscache. This is to speed up subsequent requests for the same data. The cache gets automatically purged as they expire.
- Evoq Persona Bar shows Google Analytics data via its own visuals.