The activity stream only displays the activity for all the group spaces in the environment. This article provides a solution to implement group result filtering on a separate page by using the activity stream module.
To view the Activity Stream, in a default environment,
- Click the Community page header.
- Browse the page where you've placed the Activity Stream.
Currently, the Activity stream displays the activity for all groups by default.
- Create a page > Put the Activity Stream module onto a page.
- Go to the home page of the group you would like to restrict the Activity Stream to.
- Write down the group ID.
- From the new page where you added the Activity Stream module, create a query string to limit the content of that group.
- You can now use the above URL to hardcode a link to the new page.
To test that the above solution steps have completed successfully:
- Post a new activity in the group that you've decided to filter.
- Go to the new page where the Activity Stream module has been placed and access the page with the query string.
- The items in the activity stream should only display the specific group posts only.