This article provides steps for creating certificates in order to assign to a site with HTTPS, in case there are no certificates to choose from.
Creating a self-signed certificate in IIS
- Open IIS.
- Go to the name of the server (in this case,
- Click Server Certificates.
- Click the Create Self-Signed Certificate option in the top-right menu.
- Specify the URL (Without the HTTP:// segment) of the portal you are creating the certificate for.
- You will see it listed at the IIS Server Certificates screen.
- Select this URL from the Add Site Binding window:
- The user is now able to create a self-signed certificate, which is now available to be used in the test environment.
Once the above steps are complete, the newly created self-signed certificate will be available in Add Site Bindings under SSL certificate to be linked to the site.