During a DNN import, there may be file locks where a process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. This is generally observed in a web farm configuration where there are multiple servers.
- The environment is in a web farm.
- Access to a SuperUser account.
The root cause of why this issue occurs is due to the import task tries to access the same export package located in the RootFolder/App_Data/ExportImport folder at the same time another process is accessing the folder. The possible causes are:
- The scheduler task "Site Import/Export" does not have a specific server name defined.
- The web farm is a DFS configuration where file replication occurs frequently and the import task tries to access the export package at the same time of file replication.
The scheduler task "Site Import/Export" does not have a specific server name defined
- You need to go to Settings > Scheduler > Scheduler Tab > Edit "Site Import/Export" scheduled task.
- In the Servers field, set a specific server name (You can find the server names in Settings > Servers)
The web farm environment is a DFS configuration
- You will need to exclude the RootFolder/App_Data/ExportImport folder from DFS file replication, review the Microsoft documentation here.
To test that the issue has been resolved by:
- Try the import process once again.
- The import should say that the job has succeeded in Settings > Import / Export.