Users may want to temporarily hide or shut down a portal for maintenance work but there is no option in the DNN UI that can accomplish this. This article provides a guide to hiding the portal through the backend.
- Access to the SQL Console through a SuperUser account.
- First, you must log in to the SuperUser account
- Then, go to Settings > SQL Console
- Run the following query and make note of the PortalID: SELECT * FROM PortalAlias
- Next, run the below query to update the Expiry Date for the Portal that needs to be disabled
SET ExpiryDate = '03.02.2020'
WHERE PortalID = #
To test that the query has run successfully and the Portal is disabled:
- Access the Portal URL and you should get an expiration message.
You can change the expired message to a customized message by accessing the file path DNNRootFolder/App_GlobalResources/SharedResources.resx and modifying the ContractExpired.Error text.