There are times when you would like to change the default upload file directory to make sure that users upload to a specific directory while using the HTML Editor upload feature. This article goes into the process of changing the default directory.
- Access to a SuperUser account.
To change the default file upload directory location:
- Go to Settings > Site Settings > Site Behavior > More
- Click "Open HTML Editor Manager"
- Click "File Browser Settings" Tab
- Click the Browser Root Folder dropdown
- Change the setting to any folder in the Portal Folder.
- Changing the Browser Root Folder and leaving Send it to Server as Standard will change both where Browse Server and Send it to Server point.
- Changing the Send it to Server and leaving the Browser Root Folder as Standard will only change where Send it to Server points.
- The only instance in which you would set them both would be if you wanted different destinations for both.
You can test that the folder upload directory has changed by:
- Access a Content Editor account or higher
- Go to Edit mode and edit and HTML Pro module
- Click Advanced Editor
- Click Image > Browse Server
You should see that the upload opens in the folder that you've selected.