In DNN Evoq Engage, Engagement and Influence scores are gathered across the site to gauge how active users are interacting with the content and other users. This article aims to provide how to calculate the scores as a Community Manager.
- Access to a Community Manager account role.
To view the scores for the users on your site, go to: Dashboard > Community Analytics
The engagement section should be populated if you have site activity.
Calculate Engagement Score
The Engagement score is calculated by certain action metrics made by the user and each action metic is weighted differently to affect your total engagement score. Here is a list of the metrics associated with the weight:
- Average time on page - 1
- Total time on site - 1
- Total number of likes the user's content has received - 5
- Total number of posts the user has authored - 10
- Total number of number of responses user's content has received - 5
- Number of logins - 2
- Sum of votes the user's posts has received - 3
To calculate the Engagement Score using the table above:
- You will need to sum up the weighted values for each metric
- Normalize to a scale from 0 (lower score) to 100 (highest score)
- Track the mean and median engagement scores month to month.
Calculate the Influence Score
Through data analysis, you can create an “Influence Score” to better understand how individuals prefer to participate, and then make adjustments to optimize behaviour.
Number of friends the user has - 1
Number of friends the user has relative to the number of users on the site - 2
Number of posts the user has authored -1
Total number of likes the user’s content has received -1
Average number of likes per post the user has received - 2
Total number of views the user’s content has received - 2
Total number of responses the user’s content has received - 1
Average number of responses per post the user’s content has received - 4
Total number of accepted answers the user has posted - 10
Total number of ideas the user has submitted that have been delivered - 10
Total number of active events the user has created - 20
Number of content items the user has had flagged by administrators - 30
To calculate the Influence Score using the table above:
- Sum up the weighted values for each metric
- Normalize to a scale from 0 to 100.
- Track the mean and median influence scores and influence score percentages from one month to the next.
You should be to test that these calculations are correct by comparing the calculations with the engagement/influence found in Dashboard > Community Analytics. If the numbers are different in any way, you will need to review the steps above to confirm that you've made the correct calculations.
Please sign in to leave a comment.