This article aims to describe the process of how to renew a license when your license is close to expiry or is already expired. When the Evoq License expires, the websites will stop working, and will show an error saying "You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of Evoq. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to obtain a valid license."
This will block out all the functionality of Evoq, hence you will not be able to update the site.
When your license is expiring or you have received an alert that your license is close to expiry, you must contact DNN Support immediately as explained below:
- Please provide the Support Team with the following information:
- Company Name:
- Send notification email to:
- Old expiration date:
- New Expiration Date:
- Product covered (Editions):
- Licenses keys to be extended:
- Further details or additional comments:
- Invoice attachment:
- Set the DNN Component to Licensing - Quotes and Renewals or License Generation/Update.
- Once we have this information, the Sales / Renewals team will reach out to you with an update.
Note: If there is a request for new / additional licenses, then that should continue to be dependent on seeking the SAM approval through the email SC first. But, if a customer ticket is about a full renewal / extension of their existing licenses, then CS should request the customer to provide a customer signed quote or a generated invoice, and if the same is shared by the customer, then CS agents can proceed directly with the full license renewal / extension based on the dates in the quote / invoice.
- If the quote shared by the customer is not signed by them, but they have a subsequent generated invoice available, then the Invoice document is sufficient to continue to go ahead.
- If a customer signed quote is not available, then the existing process would continue, to internally reach out to the customer's SAM and seek internal inputs and approvals.
Activate the license once again to see if the license has been updated.