This article aims to how to set redirection for Slug URL values for detail visualizers. Slug value redirection occurs when a user changes the slug value from its original value and the application creates a redirection from the old value to the new slug value.
- Knowledge of Visualizer Details and Slug values.
Similar to how page redirections work in page management, slug value redirection works in the same fashion.
- You are able to change the slug value by going to Content > Content Library > Content Tab > Browse to the specific content item > SEO Tab > Modify the slug in the slug text box.
- This value is stored in the StructuredContent_Visualizers_SlugRedirections table.
- The new slug value is only created in the database once the old slug value has been browsed by a user.
You can test the slug redirection by:
- Validate that the slug value is in the database. SELECT * FROM StructuredContent_Visualizers_SlugRedirections WHERE RedirectTo= 'NEWSLUGNAME'
- Login to the site and access the URL that was originally used as the slug value. www.URL.com/slugvalue
- You should be redirected to the new slug that was defined.
Please sign in to leave a comment.