Users may be prevented from accessing their DNN Site, receiving the message "The connection to the database has failed, however, the application is already completely installed, a 500 error page will be shown to visitors."
- Access to the DNN file structure and IIS.
By reviewing the site logs, these additional details are found:
The connection to the database has failed, however, the application is already completely installed,
a 500 error page will be shown to visitors.
As the error message suggests, this error is caused by a connection issue to the database.
After verifying the above error is present in the log file, the following steps are requested to guide the user towards the resolution:
- Log in to the SQL Management Studio.
- Navigate to the Security branch, expand on Logins, right-click on the Database User and select the option Properties.
- Change the User's password and confirm it in the next field. Then click the OK button to save the changes.
- Open up the Web.config file and search for the connection string.
- Change the password to reflect the updated password.
- Save the Web.config file.
- Restart IIS using the IIS Manager.
- Restart the site.
To test that this has been resolved, access the site once again to see if the error has been generated once again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.