Role permissions are not applied when adding HTML Pro modules in localized environments and copying them to other cultures/countries.
Follow these steps to reproduce this issue:
- Log into your DNN instance.
- Click Edit on a page.
- Click Add Module.
- Click HTML Pro.
- Enter the name of the module.
- Go to the Permissions tab.
- Click Select Role and choose an option using the drop-down menu.
- Click Add.
- Assign 'View' permission to the role selected in step #7, as seen in the example screenshot below.
- Click Update.
- Go to Page Settings.
- Go to the Localization tab.
- Find the added module and check the "Copy Module" checkbox to copy it to other cultures/countries.
- Click Update Localization to save the changes.
- Go to the Permissions tab. It is observed here that your selected role (from step #7) does not have the 'View' permission, as seen in the example screenshot below.