At times, when you upload a file through the HTML Pro Module > Advanced Editor > Browse Server option and check the "Override file if it already exists, otherwise, a new file with underscore _1 will be created" setting, it does not overwrite the existing files.
This article helps you in reproducing the issue and provides a solution to resolve the overwriting issues with the file upload in the HTML Pro Module.
- Access to a SuperUser account
- Add an HTML Pro Module to a page.
- Edit the content and access the Advanced Editor.
- Click on the link icon to add a link.
- Click on the Browse Server button to display the file manager.
- Upload a new file titled
cat.jpg, and verify that it has successfully uploaded.
- Upload a different file also titled
cat.jpg, and ensure that the checkbox for Override file if it already exists, otherwise, a new file with underscore _1 will be created? is checked.
OutcomeNote that the file has not been overwritten. Instead, it has created two unique files now — cat.jpg and cat_1.jpg.
You should be able to upload a similar file and ensure that the file overwrites the existing file through the HTML Pro Module by following the same reproduction steps laid out in the Diagnosis section.