Environment: DNN version 9.1.1
The default settings for the DNN Search bar is not crawling XLSX files and other Office extensions (like PPTX and DOCX). When a user types in a keyword, it’s not searching inside *.xlsx files for those keywords. It only pulls up if the researched keyword is in the file name.
Please follow these steps to confirm your Content Crawling is affected:
- Navigate to Persona Bar > Site Settings.
- Click Search tab and then File Extensions subtab.
- The XLSX extension is found as an unknown file type for crawlings.
Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Install the Microsoft Office Filters.
- Download and launch the file on this page to install the Filter pack.
- Reload the File Search Crawler job.
- Go to Persona Bar > Scheduler > Select File Crawler > Task history > Run Now.
Validation: Go back to the Search bar and run a search for a known pattern inside an XLSX file. The crawler should be able to find it now.
Please sign in to leave a comment.