The Import/Export feature doesn't complete the task. it stays in Submitted status.
Environment: Evoq Engage 9.1.1
Requirements: An Evoq Engage 9.1.1 installed version
Root Cause: The task gets stuck cause there is more than 1 server in the list and the task cannot decide in which server is going to run.
- Go to Settings > Scheduler option > Scheduler Tab > Site Import/Export task
- Click on the Pencil.
- Disable the task and save the action by clicking on the Update button. (refer to the picture below)
- Go to Settings > Server Settings > Web Servers (Check that there is only one server listed in the webservers, as you can see in the picture)
- If there is more than one server, please disable all the other servers, or delete the webservers you are not using.
- Clear the cache and restart the Application.
- Clear the Browser's cache. (Hard reload if possible)
- Open the site again and re-enable the Site Import/Export task. (The one that we disabled in step 3)
- Click on Run Now on the Site Import/Export task.
- Check the Clock, marked in the green circle in the above image and check that the task is working. (It is going to take a few seconds/minutes to appear in the tasks, depending on the size of the site)
- Once you confirmed the task is running, go to Site Import/export feature.
- You will be able to see the word Completed once it finishes.
You should be able to do an export/import without any issue.
Content Author: Xavier Villarroel