At times, you may encounter the following issue: the Import/Export feature cannot complete the task, and it stays in the Submitted status.
The export is usually stuck in Submitted status because the Import/Export feature is executed by a scheduler task called Import/Export. If this specific task is not running then the Import/Export feature waits for the task to be running and then processes the export request.
To enable the Import/Export task:
- Navigate to Settings > Scheduler > Scheduler.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the Site Import/Export task.
- Disable the task and click Update.
- Navigate to Settings > Server Settings > Web Servers.
- Select the required server. In this example, there is only one enabled server.
- Clear the cache and restart the application.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Open the site again and re-enable the Site Import/Export task (similar to step 3).
- From the Site Import/Export task settings, click Run Now.
- Check that the clock icon is displayed in the top-right corner of the window and then make sure that the task is running (from Settings > Import/Export).
You can test that the export has completed by looking at the task in Settings > Import/Export
Note: It may take a few seconds/minutes for the task to appear in the queue (depending on the size of the site).
The task should be completed soon.
Then browse the websitefolder/App_Data/ExportImport folder to locate the export files.
Hey Tony Lee,
This article very much helpful for me and it has solved my issue. I am using DNN EVOQ basic 9.3.3 on both demo and production server and during site migration from demo server to production server. I was came across with this issue during my exporting site on demo server and this article has solved my problem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.