Output caching is a technique that improves performance by having the application store a prebuilt version of something which it can then send to multiple users, instead of rebuilding it every time it is requested.
- Access to an Administrator account or SuperUser account.
Page Output Cache
Page output cache only affects unauthenticated uses, but it is extremely effective at improving performance. To clear it manually, follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with page edit permission and click Page Settings in the Edit Bar while viewing the page you wish to clear. Note that since you are logged in, you will not see the cached version of the page.
- In the Advanced > More section, click [Clear Cache - This Page].
Module Output Cache
The module output cache can cause content to appear out of date even for authenticated users. To force it to update instead of waiting for it to naturally expire, follow these steps:
- Log in as a user with page edit permission and set the page to Edit Mode.
- Hover your cursor over the module with cached content and click the "gear" icon to display the Action Menu.
- Click Refresh.
Steps 2 and 3 illustrated.