When attempting to page link to a parent page within the HTML editor, users may receive the following error:
The given key was not present in the dictionary
The full stack trace of this error is:
[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +52
DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Helper.TreeViewHelper`1.RefreshTreeViewNodes(TreeNodeCollection treeViewNodes, Func`2 parentIdCheck, Dictionary`2 allLeaves) +234
DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider.Browser.Browser.BrowserMode_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) +462
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +137
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4593
This behavior is caused by the user role not having the correct permissions on the parent page. It should have add and add content permissions in order for the link to be set up.
Requirements: Admin access to the DNN instance
1. Log in to the DNN instance with admin credentials.
2. Go to Persona Bar > Content > Pages.
3. Find the parent page from the page tree to the left of the screen and click on it.
4. In the page details pane, click on the Permissions tab.
5. For the user role in question, make sure that add and add content is checked off. Click OK.
6. Validate the fix by having the user attempt to set up the page link again. If successful, they should be able to without issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.