An administrator would like to create a custom form module and leverage the existing DNN Form Builder API endpoint in order to send a custom form payload to see how the DNN Form Visualizer is sending values.
- Create a form with all the necessary fields. Please refer to our Form Builder page for further information on how to create a form. The following image shows the form values inputted which will be retrieved at the end of this guide.
- Install Fiddler, or any Web Debugger application of your preference. This article will reference for illustrative purposes how to accomplish this using Fiddler.
- Start Fiddler.
- Submit the form with all fields completed.
- Review the POST request sent to https://dnnapi.com/forms/api/FormResponsesPublic in Fiddler, looking for the formId value.
- Set up Fiddler to be able to decrypt HTTPS requests, by going to Tools > Options > HTTPS > Decrypt HTTPS Traffic > ...from browsers only.
- You might be requested to install a CA certificate for this.
- While still having Fiddler working, in DNN go to the Form's responses on Manage > Forms > yourform.
- In Fiddler, look for the GET HTTPS request to dnnapi.com/forms/api/FormResponses/ByForm/<formId> , which contains the 'authorization: Bearer' key, and copy its value.
- Install Postman, or any API Development application of your preference. This article will reference for illustrative purposes how to accomplish this using Postman.
- Do a GET request to the following URL: https://dnnapi.com/forms/api/FormResponses/ByForm/<formId> , replacing <formId> with the one you got on step 5, and setting as Authorization type 'Bearer' specifying the value copied on step 8.
- You will receive the form's responses in a json format.
Content Contributors: Manuel Gonzales, Juan Albuja, Tony Lee.
Please sign in to leave a comment.