When you need to share a module from a portal to another portal, you will need to enable site sharing on the module settings.
- Access to a SuperUser account
The user needs to be logged as site SuperUser, in order to perform the following steps:
- Go to the page, where the Module is located.
- Click on the Gear and then Settings.
- Validate that the option Is Shareable is checked
- Once this has been verified, go to the page where you would like to share the module, and look for Add Existing Module from the editor bar.
- You have to look for the location of the Module you want to add (For this example, it is located on the HOME page)
- If you want to add an independent copy of the Module in the new page, please check the Make a Copy checkbox. That means that if you modify this Module, the original will remain unmodified.
- If you want to add a Module that depends on the original one, please uncheck the Make a copy checkbox. This will create a mere reference of the Module and will be sensitive to changes made in the previous page's module as well.
You can check that the module has been shared by:
- Access the page you've just shared to and compare the module's content with the content in the master portal.
I think, this is not working in case you want to share a module across the sites. Even when you have site group created.
Please sign in to leave a comment.