After the user did an upgrade from version 9.1 to 9.2, they are not getting any content
Environment: DNN upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2
Root cause: The DNNSmart Effect Collection module/assembly was calling a deprecated method get_modulepath, which has been removed in 9.2
In order to validate that the issue with the Homepage was due to that module, follow these steps:
- Log in as SuperUser or Administrator.
- Go to Content > Pages
- Click on the Homepage, and then next to it on the ... (The dotted menu).
- Then, click on Duplicate > and add a name for the page.
- Disable Display in Menu
- Go to Permissions tab and remove permissions for All Users and Registered Users.
- Press Save to create a duplicate page.
- If you happen to see the same issue as in the original page:
- On Edit mode (automatically after the creation), click on the Module Setting for the module displaying the error.
- Validate which module is failing (It'll give you the error on that module, for this example it was DNNSmart Effect Collection)
- Delete Module
- Once the module is deleted, reload the page, you should be able to see the content is back.
Confirmation: With the module deleted, please reload the page, and you should be able to see the content.
You can see the logs in <site_folder>\Portals\_default\Logs. There, you should be able to see what module is causing the issue, for example:
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - ~/Default.aspx?tabid=575&error=An unexpected error has occurred&content=0
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules.PortalModuleBase.get_ModulePath()'.
at DNNSmart.EffectCollection.EffectLoader.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)