You can install third-party modules into your DNN environment to add to or alter your site's functionality. This article will walk you through the standard method to install a module into your DNN environment. Be sure to read all documentation from your module provider, as they may have special instructions or require a multiple dependent modules to be installed in order.
- Admin access or superuser account.
Modules are installed using the same process as Extensions.
- Download/prepare the module to be added in the archive zipped file format (.zip).
- Some modules may contain multiple zip files. Be sure to examine the downloaded file and read all instructions from the module creator before proceeding.
- Use the instructions in the article Installing an Extension to install the module.
- Go to your DNN instance in the browser.
- Perform Clear Cache & Restart your DNN instance.
After the installation, the site will not be available for about 5 minutes. The module installed is listed under the Installed Extensions section.
Once the site is available, verify that the site is working and the modules are behaving as expected.