DNN will no longer be supporting nor include 51Degrees and its components on future versions of DNN (starting with version 9.3), therefore, we advise that you uninstall it from all your Evoq sites.
- 51Degrees has been installed.
- Evoq versions 7+ to 9.3.
- Access to a SuperUser account.
To uninstall 51Degrees, DNN has provided an extension to remove the feature automatically:
- What’s the name of the extension and how big is it?
- Dnn.Tools.FiftyOneUninstaller_01.00.00_Install.zip is the name and is less than 100 KB in size.
- On which environments should I install this extension?
- You need to install this extension in all of your environments including development, test, QA, staging, and production.
- On which versions of DNN/Evoq should the extension be installed on?
- Versions 6.1.5 to 9.3.
- What changes are made in the web.config under the root folder by installing the extension?
- Entries for ‘Detector’ is removed from ‘httpModules’ and ‘module’ sections
- Entry for ‘FiftyOneClientCapabilityProvider’ is removed from the ‘clientcapability’ section
- The ‘defaultProvider’ value of the ‘clientcapability’ section is replaced from ‘FiftyOneClientCapabilityProvider’ to ‘AspNetClientCapabilityProvider’
File and Folder Changes
- What changes are made in the Bin folder under the root folder by installing the extension?
- You will see a new file ‘DNN.Tools.FiftyOneUninstaller.dll’ which was installed by this extension.
- What changes are made in the Bin\Provider folder under the root folder by installing the extension?
- You will see a new file ‘DotNetNuke.Providers.AspNetClientCapabilityProvider.dll’ which provides the same features as that of 51Degrees.
- The following files will be deleted:
- What changes are made in the Licenses folder under the root folder by installing the extension?
- File ‘51Degrees.mobi (MPL).txt’ is deleted
- What changes are made in the root of the website folder by installing the extension?
- File ‘51Degrees.mobi.config’ is deleted
- What changes are made in the Providers folder under the root of the website folder?
- A new folder ‘ClientCapabilityProviders’ is created which contains various components for AspNetClientCapabilityProvider
- What changes are made in the DesktopModules\Admin folder under the root of the website folder?
- The folder ‘FiftyOneClientCapabilityProvider’ along with files and sub-folders within it is deleted
- What changes are made in the App_Data folder under the root of the website folder?
- Any file starting with name 51Degrees, e.g. 51Degrees.dat or 51Degrees-Premium.dat are deleted
- The folder App_Data\51Degrees along with its content is also deleted.
- What if I still see some of the 51Degrees files after the installation of the extension?
- You can manually delete these files.
- What changes are made in the Libraries area under Settings > Extensions?
- You will see a new entry for ‘FiftyOneUninstaller’
- What changes are made in the Providers area under Extensions?
- You will see the old Client Capability Provider replaced with ‘DotNetNuke ASP.NET Client Capability Provider’
NOTE: There should not be any negative impact of deploying the tool; however, we recommend testing prior to running the tool in your production environment and taking a full backup of the website folder and database prior to installation.
- Log in as a SuperUser/admin.
- Install the extension provided by going into Settings > Extensions > Install Extension > Upload the extension.
- You will see the 51Degrees files are removed.