When you create a custom role and assign users to this role, you will notice that you lack certain access to items in the persona bar such as Settings. This article will detail how to provide your custom role with access to items in the Persona Bar without having to give the users a default role.
- Access to a SuperUser account or the SQL server.
- Download the Personabar-Roles-Permissions.sql file attached to this article. This will help you to give specific persona-bar permissions to a role.
- You can add your desired Role Name, Portal ID, Parent and Child Menu identifiers. The SQL script should detail where you can find the desired value for the input parameters.
Please keep in mind that this is a workaround and that there are some menus that have been hardcoded to only be accessible for the default roles. This means that even though your user can access the menu, you will not be able to execute certain actions inside the menu.
To test that the script was successful:
- Log in with the user in the custom role you have modified.
- Try to access the Persona Bar menu that you have provided access to.
You should be able to access the menu with your custom role.