In this article, you will learn how to eliminate authentication issues that may happen after moving a DNN site to a local host.
This solution assumes you have admin level knowledge of your DNN instance, as well as sufficient SQL Server knowledge to perform the queries listed.
To resolve problems related to authentication, please follow these steps:
- Confirm you followed the DNN Move Site instructions, which includes:
- Install and configure your website on IIS
- Restore the .bak file to your SQL Server
- Set the host file with the website URL (for both addresses with www and without it)
- Run the following queries:
DELETE * FROM WebServers; UPDATE Schedule SET [Servers] = NULL; DELETE * FROM DNNPRO_License; UPDATE HostSettings SET SettingName = 'hash_old'
WHERE SettingName = 'hash';
- Clear the DNN cache
- Restart the DNN application
Product: DNN 9.2.0