Indexing defines if pages show up in search results of different search engines. This article shares the process for admins or Super Users to disable indexing on pages to make them unsearchable.
NOTE: This must be done immediately after page creation. If search engines have already indexed a page, making this change will not remove it from the search results, and you will need to contact search engines directly to recrawl the site.
Follow these steps to disable indexing on a page:
- Go to Persona Bar > Content > Pages.
- In the left-hand page tree, click on the name of the page.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on the S.E.O sub-tab.
- Click to switch Allow Indexing to Off
- Click Save.
- If successful, the following message will pop-up:
- Navigate to the page you have modified.
- Right-click inside the page.
- Select Inspect from the browser menu.
- Find the Head ID and click to expand.
- If indexing is turned off, the following reflects in the settings for Robots: