DNN's Analytics feature provides detailed page metrics and visualizations in context with the page the user is visiting. This feature uses data from a customer’s Google Analytics instance and is available in particular versions of Evoq products.
Before starting to use the feature, administrators must first authorize the Evoq Analytics service to access their Google Analytics account. Without such authorization, no data will appear. Even if you previously used the Google Analytics connector in Evoq, you will need to perform the authorization step again in Evoq 9.
Follow these steps to promote the integration, for each Evoq site:
- Go to Persona Bar > Settings > Connectors.
- Under Configure Connections, locate Google Analytics row and click Connect.
Note: The button will change to "Edit" in the subsequent accesses to this page.
- Proceed with the Authorization process, clicking on the Lock icon to release updates to the form:
- Google Account login screen will appear.
- Enter the credentials associated with the Google Analytics account and authenticate.
- The application will request Offline access. This access means that the Evoq Analytics service will be able to read data from the Google Analytics account, even when the user is not logged in.
- Click Allow to continue.
- Click Allow to continue.
Once Google Analytics accepts the Authorization, the Integration Settings menu will appear. This is used to select the Google Analytics account that will be associated with the Evoq site.
Fill in the Integration Settings:
- Select the Account for the integration.
Note: There are multiple Web Properties under each Google Analytics Account, and each Web Property has multiple Profiles. It is very important to choose the correct Account/Web Property/Profile combination, so the data in Evoq matches with the site the user is expecting to see.
- Select the All Web Site Data profile, unless a specific profile should be configured to filter out certain types of traffic, or for a certain set of rules.
- Click Select Web Property button to finalize your selection and return to the Google Analytics Connector screen.
The Web Property Identifier will automatically be retrieved into the Tracking ID field.
- Enter a Domain Name if you want to support cross-domain tracking. This prevents analytics from counting referrals from a particular domain as external referrals.
- Check Track for Administrators if you want to include web traffic from anyone logged in with an Administrator or Super User account.
- Click Save button to finish and exit from the Persona Bar.
You can test that Google Analytics has been properly configured by:
- Go to the Dashboard > Site Analytics
- Enable Analytics Microservices
You should be able to access analytical reports for Google Analytics.