A customer changed the DNN Portal name and now they have no access to the web portal.
When they try to access to a DNN page they get an HTTP 404 error.
When changing the portal name, the customer should also change the Alias name; if they don't do it, the portal will become inaccessible.
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio application.
- Connect to the DNN Database.
- Run the following Query to confirm that the alias name was not updated.
select * from portalalias where name like '%<oldportalname>%'
- Replace <oldportalname> with the old DNN Portal name.
- If the query in step 3 has no output, open a ticket with support. If it does have output, go to Step 5.
- Run the following Query.
update portalalias set name='<newportalname>' where name='<oldportalname>'
- Replace <newportalname> with the new portal name.
- Replace <oldportalname> with the old portal name.
- Recycle the IIS application pool.
- You will now have access to the DNN portal.