There may be a time where you will need to remove a license from their DNN instance/server but are unable to access the UI to do so. Another situation may be that they are on an older version that doesn't provide the option for removal via UI.
- Access to SQL Server
- Access to a SuperUser account
NOTE: As with all database queries, it's important to take a backup before executing.
1. Log in to SQL Server Management Studio.
2. In the left side Object Explorer, Double click on your server name and then Databases to expand.
3. Find your DNN database and right-click to select New Query.
4. Depending on the situation, paste one of the following into the middle query box and then press F5 to execute:
- To remove all licenses from the server:
DELETE FROM DNNPro_License
- To remove a specific license:
DELETE FROM DNNPro_License WHERE Invoice = ‘LICENSE-NUMBER-GOES-HERE’
5. Recycle your application pool.
Validate that the license(s) have been deleted by executing the following query in the SQL Console:
SELECT * FROM DNNPro_License
You can also test by logging into a SuperUser and go to Settings > About to see if the license still exists.
Please sign in to leave a comment.