Emptying the recycle bin manually is required as there is no automated process to empty the recycle bin. This article provides the process of not being able to manually clear out the deleted items in the Recycle Bin.
- Access to a SuperUser account.
The process to empty the recycle becomes stuck when there is a large number of files, modules and users that are waiting to be deleted which causes the process to time out.
- Make sure to create a full backup of your database before running the following queries:
SELECT * FROM Users WHERE IsDeleted = 1
SELECT * FROM Tabs WHERE IsDeleted = 1
- Confirm that the results are the ones you want to delete. Then run the following queries:
DELETE FROM Users WHERE IsDeleted = 1
DELETE FROM Tabs WHERE IsDeleted = 1
- Now clear the cache and check if anything is remaining in the recycle bin.
To confirm that the recycle bin has been deleted:
- Go to Content > Recycle Bin
- The content inside the recycle bin should be empty.