Users can load their website temporarily with the default DNN theme so that it can be used to troubleshoot whether a custom theme is preventing a site from loading properly or whether there is a problem with the site itself.
- Open your favourite web browser.
- Navigate to your website URL but add the following string at the end of the URL:
?skinsrc=/Portals/_default/Skins/Cavalier/Main&containersrc=/Portals/_default/Containers/Cavalier/NotitleFor example, if your website is http://www.mywebsite.com you should try to navigate to:
Note: If you will need to check your SiteRoot/Portals/_default/Skins/Cavalier or SiteRoot/Portals/_default/Containers/Cavalier folder to see if the skin files exist in that location. If they do not, they will not be loaded with the above URL. For DNN Platform users, the folder name should be called Xcillion rather than Cavalier.
- Your website will launch with the default theme.
After loading the default theme:
- If you see any errors, you can confirm that this issue is not theme related.
- If you do not see any errors, you can confirm that the issue is with the skin.