Error: The license key cannot be reactivated and shows an error as below:
"Unable to process the request, please try again later. ()We were unable to activate your license. Please contact customer support."
Root Cause: The site was not running using the correct ApplicationPool Identity.
1. Remove the License from the database by following these steps;
a.Log into your DNN site as a SuperUser
b.Go to Persona Bar > SQL Console(In v9.x)
In previous versions go to Host > Advanced Settings > SQL Console
c.Run the following query: DELETE FROM DNNPRO_License
d.Go to Persona Bar > Servers > Clear Cache & Restart Application(In v9.x )
In previous versions go to Tools > Clear Cache & Recycle Application Domain
Note: The above will cause the site to restart and this implies a short downtime
e.Try to License the site again.
2. Go to Persona Bar > Servers (in versions previous to 9.x it's Host > Advanced Settings > Manage Web Servers).
a. Check to make sure all the entries on this page are active servers.
b.Click delete to the right of any server that is no longer being used or inactive.
PleaseNote: Any previous servers the site was migrated FROM should be removed if not used on this site.
c.Try to License the site again.
3. Open Windows Start Menu > type IIS > Click the Internet Information Services (IIS), Manager.
a. Expand the server.
b.Click on Application Pools > find your site in the right side pane.
c.With the site selected, click on Advanced Settings from the Actions pane (far right).
In the Advanced Settings popup window, scroll down to Process Model.
d.Check to make sure Load User Profile is set to True (if False, change to True).
e.If any changes were made, press OK and from Actions pane > Recycle.
f.Try to License the site again.
Check for corruption in the profile for the ApplicationIdentity by following these steps:
- Open Windows Start Menu > type IIS > Click the Internet Information Services (IIS), Manager.
- Expand the server.
- Click on Application Pools > find your site in the right side pane.
- With the site selected, click on Advanced Settings from the Actions pane (far right).
- In the Advanced Settings popup window, scroll down to Process Model.
- In the Process Model, left click the Identity value (right side).
- Click the [...] button to browse for an Identity.
- Select from the built-in accounts or a custom account, per your requirement.
- Press OK when done.
- From the Actions pane > Recycle the site again.
- Attempt to activate the License.
Content Author: Radu Vaduva