When a customer specifically requests for the version not to be added as part of the URL when uploading a file to DNN.
Step by step guide:
In order to remove the version number from the uploaded files, you would need to use the Advanced Editor instead of the basic one:
- Log into your DNN site.
- Navigate to any page you want to edit.
- Click Edit Page
- Select the type of file you want to add (For this example, we'll upload a picture).
- Click on Advanced Editor
- Once on the Advanced Editor, click on insert image
- Click on Browse Server
- If the file does not exist yet:
- Click the Upload button to add a new file.
- Add the File.
- Start the Upload
- Select your image, and make sure the path is set to Relative.
- Click OK.
- You can confirm the new URL for that file, next to the Browse Server button.
- Click Close.
For a more detailed How to process, please watch this screencast.
Note: On the attachment, you'll also find the video, it is an swf.
Content Author: Radu Vaduva