When creating a new user account in DNN, it's possible to set it so an email goes out to the new user with details on the next steps of the account creation process. However, even after this setting is checked the email may not be sent.
The cause of this behavior is having User Registration set to None. Because there is no authorization, there is no "next steps" email sent out.
The fix here is to set User Registration to Private.
Requirements: SuperUser/Host or admin access.
1. Log in to your DNN instance and go to Settings > Security.
2. Click on the Member Accounts tab.
3. click on the Registration Settings sub-tab.
4. Set User Registration to Private.
5. Click Save.
6. Clear your cache and restart the application.
7. Validate the fix has worked by creating a new user with a secondary email address that you or a colleague owns and checking for the new user email.
Please sign in to leave a comment.