From a security standpoint, it can be important to check the IP address of a login attempt. For instance, if you have an internal only site you may want to allow logins from only those on a shared office network.
Knowing the steps to set these permissions and restrictions can be critical if there is a security breach and credentials have been exposed.
Requirements: SuperUser/Admin access.
1. With your SuperUser/Admin account, log in to your EVOQ instance and use the Persona Bar to select Settings > Security.
2. Click on the Member Accounts tab and make sure Enable IP Address Checking is turned on.
3. Click on the Login Settings tab.
4. Click on the Login IP Filters sub-tab.
5. Click on Add New Filter.
6. Enter the necessary information for the permission or restriction. Hover over the info icon for more information about each field.
NOTE: To validate in step 9, it's advisable first to add the IP address of a user who can help you in testing this change.
7. Click save.
9. Validate the changes have taken effect by advising the user helping to navigate to your DNN site and trying to log in. They should encounter a permissions error when attempting.
10. Once validated, repeat steps 1 through 7 to add the actual entries to the restrictions or permissions.