If you are locked out of your DNN SuperUser account, it may be necessary to temporarily promote another user to the SuperUser status to gain access.
- Access to the SQL Server that DNN resides on
- A full backup of the database
In DNN, there is a clear distinction between the role types Admin and SuperUser/Host.
Whenever a portal is created, an Admin is automatically created to manage that specific website. Admin users have the ability to create new users (including other Admins,) create new web pages, alter permissions for various accounts, and use modules and skins.
SuperUsers (otherwise known as Hosts) have all the rights of Admins but also the ability to manage multiple websites in the DNN installation. They can create new portals and templates, install new skins/modules, access the SQL Server, and impersonate users for testing purposes on any of the portals within that installation of DNN.
This will need to be done outside of DNN via the SQL Server that the installation resides on.
1. Open the program you use to manage your SQL server and navigate to your DNN database.
2. Execute the following query:
update users set issuperuser=1 where username='USERNAME_GOES_HERE'
3. The output of the query will be:
(1 Row Affected)
4. Recycle the Application pool.
- Log in to your EVOQ instance with the user account you granted SuperUser permissions to.
- In your Persona Bar, go to Manage > Users.
- Find the user account you are logged in as by changing the Show dropdown as SuperUsers
Please sign in to leave a comment.