As a site security best practice, it's advisable to set user accounts to lock after a certain number of invalid password attempts; both the number of attempts and the length of the lockout can be defined in your web.config file.
You may, however, need to manually unlock a user account for a variety of reasons. This process is explained below.
Requirement: SuperUser/Admin access.
1. Take note of the name of the user you need to manually unlock.
2. With your SuperUser/Admin account, login to your EVOQ instance and use the Persona Bar to select Manage > Users.
3. Type the user's name into the search bar and hit enter to pull up their account.
4. Click on the three dot icon and then Unlock User. A validation message will appear.
5. If needed, you may then manually change the user password or send them a password reset email.