How to request great support?
The first step to getting great support is to create an account on our support portal.
In order to create an account, you will need to contact your Account Manager or a colleague currently registered; They will open a ticket with support and request for your credentials.
We ask that users register so that we can identify your organization in order to properly triage any reported issues.
With this step completed, you will be able to receive support on any of the channels we have available to our customers.
Once you have your support account credentials, follow this procedure to access the support web portal.
Logging in will enable you to review KB articles associated with your product or submit tickets to our Customer Support team.
- Navigate to https://dnnsupport.dnnsoftware.com using your favorite web browser.
- Click on Sign in.
- Enter your Email address and Password
Note: In case you are unable to remind your password, then Click
Forgot my passwordoption, to receive a link in your email account to be able to reset it.
- Click on the Sign in button.
Note: you will only be able to view tickets that you have created and that you are CC'd on.
DNN offers our customers three ways for getting great support, depending on the priority we recommend to use one over the other.
Web portal ticketing solution
- Log in to the support portal.
- Click on, Submit a request.
- Fill in the form.
Note: Subject, Description, components, version and Site URL are required fields.
- Tick the checkboxes according to the type of information provided in the ticket.
- Click on the Submit button located at the bottom of the form.
- You will receive an automated email notification once our Support Team receives the ticket.
The best way to get support is through our web portal (see above). If your issue becomes more urgent, you can escalate the ticket through the portal. This increases the priority in our support system, and it will get actioned by our agents sooner.
You can call us for support, but we strongly recommend you use the portal for the fastest response (including severity 1 issues).
If you do choose to call, then you can reach us on +1 972-587-7883. Your call will be answered by a support agent designated for DNN. If your call isn't answered and goes to Voicemail, please provide us with all the details of your question or issue including the ticket number and a contact number and we will return your call as soon as possible.
We understand that you may need to create tickets with normal or low priority, and you are not always able to log in to the user portal or give us a call, that is why we have the e-mail support option available that allows our customers to open tickets just by sending us an e-mail with the issue, request or question.
Where to send the e-mail?
What to include in the e-mail?
- Include all relevant details about your issue and any screenshots you have, so that we have good context to your actual problem which can be leveraged for quick resolution.
A support request is considered Severity 1 when the issue is related to one of the following scenarios:
- Complete Outage, the system is completely inaccessible or unusable.
- Core functionality defect, the system is accessible, but a core function is completely unusable and there isn't a non-manual workaround for the issue.
- Data loss, the issue has caused or will likely cause a material loss of data in the near future.
Best practices for reporting severity 1 issues
- Always use the Phone Support for reporting severity 1 issues.
- When your call is answered, please immediately inform the agent that you believe you have a Severity 1 issue and explain how your issue meets the criteria for a Complete Outage, Core functionality defect, and/or Data loss.
- If your call isn't answered and you leave a voicemail, please explain that your issue should be handled as a Severity 1, using the terms Complete Outage, Core Functionality Defect, and/or Data Loss as appropriate.
- If you are a Platinum customer you may be prompted to press 1 in the IVR if you have a Severity 1 issue.
General recommendations to get great support
- After you have a ticket created, check the progress updates in the portal or in your e-mail box.
- If our agents request information, get back to us as quickly as possible.
- Replying by email to say "Thanks" after the issue was solved will reopen the ticket, please use the survey instead.
- For every support experience you have, fill in the survey.
We take corrective action every time you give us actionable feedback