Search results are scoped by default to a specific site’s content. It is also possible to expand the scope to include results for other sites that are part of a site group. This article describes the process to achieve this cross-portal Search functionality.
- You must have a site group set up to enable searching across multiple sites.
- Access to a SuperUser Account.
Once sites are set up in a site group, you need to change the scope for your Search Results page on each sub-site.
To do this:
- Go to Persona Bar > Content > Pages > look for Search Results
- Edit the Page > go to Search Results module Settings
- Go to Search Results Settings tab > Click on Results Scope for Site and add all the sites you want to be able to search content from there.
- Press Update when done.
You need to do this on every site in the site group.
After performing the steps above:
- On your master site, go to Persona Bar -> Settings -> Site Settings -> Search -> Crawling
- Under URL Paths click + Add URL
- Type in the URL for your other portal
- Set Enable Spidering to ON
- Click Save
You need to add the URL for every portal in the site group that you want to show up in the search results.
After performing the above steps, make sure to Reindex the Search Content.
You can test that the search results are displaying from different sites by:
- Go to the search results for the site you made changes on.
- Search for a keyword that should only exist on another site.
- The search results for the other site should be displayed.