A site administrator wants to require users to click to accept their site's terms and conditions before they can proceed with registration.
You can implement this feature by adding a clearly labeled checkbox that the user is required to select.
- Go to Admin -> Site settings menu, then select User Account Settings tab
- Scroll down to the Profile Settings section, then expand it to view the current fields you have
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click the Add new Profile Property button.
- Use these values for the fields:
- Property Name: (Put any name you want to use)
- Data Type: Checkbox
- Property Category: Accept Terms and Conditions
- Required: Checked
- Visible: Checked
- Click Next, then for these fields place the values below:
- Property Name (changing the link to be the URL for your terms and conditions page): Accept the <a href="http://www.example.com/terms_and_conditions">Terms and Conditions</a>
- Property Help: this is the help message, something like "You must check this checkbox to register"
- Required Error Message: something like "You must accept the Terms to register"
- Category Name: Accept the terms
- Save the new configured field
- Make sure to add the recently created field to the Registration Fields located in the Registration Settings section
Now, you will have a new checkbox field to accept terms and conditions before registering any user.