Even after a license has been activated, a trial version or unlicensed version message still appears.
"You are using an unlicensed and unsupported version of .... Please contact your Systems Administrator for information on how to obtain a valid license."
"You are using a trial version of Evoq .... You currently have ... days remaining before your trial period expires."
- A host / super user account. Hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance.
- Verify that your license is activated and that you are using the correct license type.
- Go to .
- Check that the invoice number appears in the list and that a check appears in the Activated column for this license.
- Verify that the correct invoice number, email, and license type are used.
An invoice for one Evoq product cannot be used to license a different Evoq product. Example: An Evoq Content invoice is invalid for Evoq Engage.
If the license is not activated:
- Activate License Automatically.
- If the server does not have Internet access while the license is being activated on it, see Activate License Manually.
- If you suspect that a local firewall is blocking our license activation server, fallback to manual license activation.
If the license type is incorrect, contact Customer Support.
- Is the correct server selected?
Make sure to select the correct server from the Web Server drop-down. In the case of a webfarm, you need to make sure each server has its own license applied.
Do you have more than one site on a single server?
In an environment with more than one DNN installation per server, make sure each IIS instance has its own license applied. For example, if you host two websites on a server, you need two licenses, and you must activate one license for each website.
- Are you running the application pool under a custom domain account in Microsoft .NET Framework 4?
- Verify that the Application Pool Identity account / domain user has a valid profile.
- Verify that the profile is not read-only; otherwise, the license key is not decrypted and the trial version message is displayed.