The customer is getting a "License Activation failed" error after performing an upgrade
1. Determine how the customer performed the upgrade. There are three ways to upgrade a DNN site:
- You can use sitename/install/install.aspx?mode=upgrade
- You can use sitename/install/install.aspx?mode=installresources
- You can use the Install Wizard by navigating to your site after the upgrade package was placed on top of the site files
We will only cover the third option in this article.
2. If the customer selected the Wizard, check the following:
- Were there errors during the upgrade process?
- Were there errors during the step-by-step upgrade?
- Are there errors in the InstallerLog file located under site/Portals/_default/Logs?
3. Test if the license is valid by trying to add it to other environments using Automatic and Manual mode. If it's not valid, contact the Account Manager.
4. Replace the upgrade files and run again the upgrade using the second option (in this case you will be upgrading the extensions)
Please sign in to leave a comment.