Customers may need to disable specific scheduled tasks for any number of reasons. The most common are:
- The task no longer needs to be run.
- Not applicable to the DNN environment.
- There is an issue with the task that is causing it to fail on running.
This article describes the process of how to disable a scheduled task.
NOTE: Make sure you are certain which scheduled tasks need to be disabled and that it's absolutely necessary as this process can cause missing data.
Requirements: SuperUser access to DNN
1. Log in to your DNN instance with SuperUser credentials.
2. Go to Persona Bar > Settings > Scheduler.
3. Click on the Scheduler tab.
4. Find the task to disable and click on the pencil icon to the right.
5. Click on the Enable Schedule toggle button to turn it off.
6. Click on Update.
7. The following message will appear, validating that the change has been saved successfully:
Test that the scheduled task has been disabled by:
- Go to Settings > Scheduler > Scheduler > Edit Scheduled Task > Click Run Now
- Go to the Schedule History for this task and try to see if the task has executed.