Hosts (also known as Superusers) have full permissions to all sites within the DNN instance. Only a host can promote or demote a user account to or from a host account.
This article provides the steps to promote a user to a host.
You need a host/superuser account to be able to perform the steps provided in this article. Hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance.
In the Persona Bar, navigate to Manage > Users.
Search for the desired user account to promote.
Use the Search Users textbox to search by User Account fields, such as First Name, Last Name, User Name, or Email Address.
Filter the displayed accounts by type using the Show dropdown.
Promote the user to host.
Click the Options (ellipsis) icon for the user account you want to promote.
Select Make Super User.
- Creating a User Account
- Authorizing a User Account
- Assigning a User to Multiple Roles
- Removing a User from Multiple Roles
- Editing a User
- Managing User Passwords
- Deleting a User Account
- Deleting Unauthorized Users
- Restoring a Deleted User Account
- Purging a Deleted User Account
- Restoring Deleted Users from the Recycle Bin
- Purging Deleted Users
- Creating a Host Account
- Authorizing a Host Account
- Demoting a Host (Super User) to Regular User
- Managing a Host Password
- Deleting a Host Account
- Deleting Unauthorized Hosts
- Restoring a Deleted Host Account
- Purging a Deleted Host (Super User) Account
Please sign in to leave a comment.