You can reset the host password in three ways:
You can change the password for the user. The initial password you assign must obey the password rules configured for the site (e.g., minimum length).
You can force the user to change their password at the next login (this action cannot be undone).
You can send the user a password reset link. The link is valid for 24 hours.
This article provides the steps to manage a host password.
You need a host/superuser account to be able to perform the steps described in this article. Hosts have full permissions to all sites in the DNN instance.
In the Persona Bar, navigate to Manage > Users.
Search for the host account you want to configure.
Click the Show dropdown menu.
Select Superusers to filter the results to display only the host accounts.
Browse the list for the host account you want to update.
Select from the different password management options available to update the host account password.
Click the Options (ellipsis) icon for the user account you want to update.
Select an action from the following options:
Force Password Change
Send Password Reset Link
- Creating a User Account
- Authorizing a User Account
- Assigning a User to Multiple Roles
- Removing a User from Multiple Roles
- Editing a User
- Managing User Passwords
- Deleting a User Account
- Deleting Unauthorized Users
- Restoring a Deleted User Account
- Purging a Deleted User Account
- Restoring Deleted Users from the Recycle Bin
- Purging Deleted Users
- Creating a Host (Super User) Account
- Authorizing a Host Account
- Promoting a User to Host
- Demoting a Host (Super User) to a Regular User
- Deleting a Host Account
- Deleting Unauthorized Hosts
- Restoring a Deleted Host Account
- Purging a Deleted Host Account